Saturday, July 2, 2011

SEARCHING FOR TREASURE


Proverbs 2:1-6
My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, THEN you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding…

A few years ago, Blaine gave me a silver ring that was his mothers. It was such a precious treasure to me, and I wore it always. One day while I was at MC I looked down and saw it wasn’t there. I looked for hours for this ring all around campus. My teacher even dismissed some girls from my class to help me look for it. Finally, we found it! That day was such a good picture of how hard and long we will search for something we love. The Lord tells us in Proverbs 2 to seek for understanding like silver and search for it like hidden treasure and THEN we will understand the fear of the Lord. The last verse says that from the Lord's mouth comes knowledge and understanding... 2 Timothy 3:16 says that all Scripture is breathed out by God.. From this I know that the words of the Bible have come from His mouth... I’m praying that my heart when going to His Word would be that I wouldn’t just read but that I would SEARCH and DIG through what He has written to us. I pray that I would allow Him to teach me all things, give me knowledge and understanding, and also that I would grow more and more to understand the fear of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment